Thursday, January 24, 2013

18 weeks

If I was one of those cute pregnant ladies, I'd totally post a pic of the baby bump.
But sadly, I am not. 
Therefore there will be no baby bump photo to share.
But what I do have to share is a little journaling for the future...

How far along? 18 weeks now, almost 19!
Total weight gain/loss: 4 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Oh yes. Had to upgrade from med to lg which means all new maternity clothes. Wasn't very smart of me to not lose the weight after Kamber huh?? Only prego tops. I still can wear my regular pants...without a rubber band!

Stretch marks? Nope.
Best moment this week: Feeling LOTS of movement and even a few kicks! Tried to feel them on with my hand on the outside of my belly, but no luck. Can't share lil baby kicks with anyone just yet.
Miss Anything? So far, so good. I can still sleep on my belly and wear my regular pants.

Movement: Yep, love it.
Food cravings: Reg Pepsi, Micky D's bacon, egg and cheese biscuits with hash browns and strawberry milk shakes. Can't believe I've only gained 4 pounds eating that crap!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Diet Mt. Dew, which is what I live on when I'm not pregnant!
Have you started to show yet:  Yes, since like Day 1!
Gender: My guess is a boy. We'll find out for sure next week.
With Kamber we didn't find out and I was convinced she was a boy. Mostly I think bc Todd and her were already going to be 7 years apart I wanted a boy for him to be somewhat close to. But if I would have paid better attention I should have known she was a girl. Her pregnancy was 98% the same as Kylee's. Let's just say, way sicker with the girls than with Todd. This time around my pregnancy is almost exactly like Todd's. Not nearly as sick. Yes I feel tired and gaggy, but I haven't barfed a lot like with the girls, and I'm pretty much back to feeling normal. With the girls I was barfing at 7 months! So, if my theory is correct, this baby is a boy. Plus about an hour before they called me in to be induced with baby #3 this beautiful name popped into my head. It was a girls name, not a boys name. That should have been my uh huh moment that she was indeed a girl baby, not a boy. 
Kamber Rose most definitely was not a boy. 
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? Innie.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: It totally depends on the day! ;) But mostly happy.
Worst Part of this pregnancy: I have literally been sick with unrelated pregnancy illnesses since I was 7 or 8 weeks pregnant. It started with a bad chest cough and a UTI. I went to 2 Urgents Care's for meds, but all they ended up giving me was UTI meds that they said would clear up the chest congestion. It didn't. My OB finally gave me some other meds and I did start to feel better for about a week. And then I got a sinus infection which didn't allow for the chest stuff to completely go away. Finally got rid of that, but am still fighting the chest stuff. Then last week I was back at the doc with another UTI. She finally gave me more meds to kick this chest congestion, but of course, I can't take it until the UTI meds are all taken. This is so TMI, but it's for journaling purposes, the worst part about coughing all the time is that I pee my pants every---single---time I cough. Kotex and I have become best of friends these days. I'm seriously so sick of it and I'm hopeful these next round of meds can kick it.
Looking forward to: Finding out what this peanut is! I can't believe I waited last time. It made so many people mad!

So there you have it. 
My pregnancy at 18 weeks.
Next week I'll be reporting the flavor of this peanut.  

1 comment:

Taryn said...

So thrilled for you guys, Kasey!!! Can't wait to hear what you're having!